NUMECA HEXPRESS/Hybrid 9.1
Author: dlebook.me on 8-12-2019, 16:55, Views: 13
NUMECA HEXPRESS/Hybrid 9.1 | 1.3 Gb
NUMECA International is delighted to announce the official release of HEXPRESS and HEXPRESS/Hybrid version 9.1. This solutions use a similar volume-to-surface approach, suppressing the need for a surface mesh. Both systems run in batch or interactive mode and are interfaced to all major commercial CFD codes.
New features in HEXPRESS & HEXPRESS/Hybrid version 9.1
FlexLM based security ID upgraded to 19 (All product)(New in HEXPRESS 9.1)
HEXPRESS requires FlexLM based license keys for execution. In HEXPRESS, the security ID has been upgraded to 19 thus requiring the delivery of new license keys for execution.
Admin Tool upgraded to 2019.4 (All product)(New in FINE/Open with OpenLabs 9.1)
In Admin Tool 2019.4, the following new features are introduced:
- On Windows, when the Random MAC address is enabled, the host ID of the machine could change, which could result in invalid license file. The License Management menu of the Admin Tool allows to detect it and inform the user: the machine details are not displayed.
- On Windows, when a non-ascii path is used for the installation directory, a warning is appearing before starting the Admin Tool with a recommendation to avoid non-ascii path.
- On Linux, FlexLM requires LSB (Linux Standard Base) compliance. The License Management menu of the Admin Tool detects if the lsb-core is installed and allows to install it as sudo if not installed.
- The license information (path of the used "License_management" directory, host name, host IDs) can be retrieved at the top of the License Management menu of the Admin Tool.
- FlexLM version is upgraded from 11.14 to 11.16.
General upgrades in package (All product)(New in HEXPRESS 9.1)
General upgrade is made in the package:
- End of support for Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, Fedora 22 and Fedora 25.
- Beginning of support for Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.
- Smarter inflation method is active by default for newly created projects.
New Python commands (New in HEXPRESS 9.1)
New Python commands have been added to further enhance the scripting capabilities of HEXPRESS:
- Analyze the FNMB computation: status and error when failing.
- Get more information about the initial mesh and its parameters.
FlexLM based security ID upgraded to 19 (All product)(New in HEXPRESS/Hybrid 9.1)
HEXPRESS requires FlexLM based license keys for execution. In HEXPRESS/Hybrid v9, the security ID has been upgraded to 19 thus requiring the delivery of new license keys for execution.
General upgrades in package (All product) (New in HEXPRESS/Hybrid 9.1)
- Supports of Open MPI v2.1.2 and Intel MPI v2018.1,
- End of support for Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, Fedora 22 and Fedora 25,
- Beginning of support for Ubuntu 18.04 LTS,
- Interfacing Fluent quality criteria (BETA) in HEXPRESS/View,
- The SMARTSTARTPOINTMARKING keyword is now deprecated, use EXTENDEDDUALMESH instead,
- Improved user-friendliness of the TRANSFORMSELECTIONS keyword.
- It is now applicable not only to the geometries defined by INFILENAMES but also ADDINFILENAMES. In the existing CONF file, if the wildcard "*" is defined for the selection list, the transformation will be applied on the geometries from both the INFILENAMES and ADDINFILENAMES in the v9.1.
- Change of behavior for full hexahedral mesh generation when incompatibility found.
- Instead of advancing the mesh generation with a warning, it will be stopped with an error message when BNDLAYERREDIM, BNDLAYERINSERT or BNDLAYERINSERTFIRSTCELLSIZE keywords are detected together with the GENERATEFULLHEXAMESH keyword.
- Added "force" option for NEWBUFFERPARAM SELANGLE (BETA).
- This option enforces buffer type II regardless of the dihedral angle.
- Support of group name prefix by the CREATEGROUPSELECTIONS keyword
AutoSeal Technology (New in HEXPRESS/Hybrid 9.1)
HEXPRESS/Hybrid introduces AutoSeal that creates surfaces that fill the gaps and holes of geometry with simple setup effectively and efficiently, even on complex geometries.
Improve the mesh based on Fluent mesh quality criteria (New in HEXPRESS/Hybrid 9.1)
Two additional options are added for OPTIPARAMETER keyword to improve the mesh quality for Fluent quality criteria. They are:
- 5.1 or fluent
- 5.2 or fluentdeviation
- Provides possibility to optimize Fluent mesh quality.
Support of geometry repair in the Mesher and Datamapper (New in HEXPRESS/Hybrid 9.1)
The geometry repair functionality accessible through the GUI is extended to the Mesher and Datamapper using the GEOMETRYREPAIR keyword.
Possibility to remove part of the geometry using Datamapper (New in HEXPRESS/Hybrid 9.1)
The possibility to split or remove part of the triangulated geometry, e.g., STL, by using the MODIFYBYPLANE and MODIFYBYPLANESEL keywords through the Datamapper.
Support of HEXPRESS/Hybrid distributed parallel on LINUX (New in HEXPRESS/Hybrid 9.1)
HEXPRESS/Hybrid Mesher can be launched in distributed memory parallel mode using both OpenMPI and IntelMPI libraries. Not all the keywords are currently supported by the MPI version.
HEXPRESS/Hybrid is a 3D mesh generation tool developed by NUMECA for meshing large and complex geometries in a fast and flexible manner. HEXPRESS/Hybrid generates isotropic and hexahedral-dominant meshes which contain also tetrahedra, pyramids and prisms. The generated meshes can be imported into FINE/Open with OpenLabs chain. HEXPRESS/Hybrid is basically a complete package comprising several tools that provides a wide variety of functionality to the users.
HEXPRESS is an automatic unstructured hexahedral mesh generator software designed to automatically generate meshes in complex 2D and 3D geometries. HEXPRESS generates non-conformal body-fitted full hexahedral unstructured meshes on complex arbitrary geometries. In addition, the advanced smoothing capability provides high-quality boundary layers insertion. HEXPRESS uses a volume-to-surface approach, suppressing the need for a surface mesh.
Computation of a full engine using FINE/Open's NLH and combustion models. Combustion chamber generated with HEXPRESS/Hybrid. Compressor and turbine generated with AutoGrid5.
Numeca International Inc develops computational fluid dynamics (CFD) software for the simulation, design, and optimization of fluid flow and heat transfer worldwide. It offers automated and customized flow integrated environments (FINE), including FINE/Turbo for the simulation of rotating and turbomachinery flows; FINE/Open for the simulation of complex internal and external applications; and FINE/Marine for marine applications.
Product: NUMECA HEXPRESS/Hybrid
Supported Architectures: x64
Website Home Page :
System Requirements: PC *
Supported Operating Systems: *
Size: 1.3 Gb
Supported platforms and operating systems
NUMECA software is supported in 64 bits on x86_64 processors only (64 bits processors that are compatible with Intel 8086 set of instructions).
Formally tested on
- Windows 8.1 Professional -
- Windows 10 Professional -
- Windows HPC 2012
Also known to run on*
- Windows 7 Professional
- VISTA Business
- VISTA Ultimate
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2016
* Known from partners and/ or customers. No official support offered on these combinations
Next to the standard hardware (monitor, keyboard and mouse), some specific recommendations apply in the use of NUMECA software:
- a mouse with scroll wheel is strongly recommended.
- the monitor should support 24-bit color graphics and have a 1280 x 1024 pixel resolution for adequate visualization.
- an Ethernet card should be installed and properly configured.
- NUMECA Software does not support CXFS (Clustered XFS) and IBRIX disk file systems.
Specific to HEXPRESS/Hybrid
- HEXPRESS/Hybrid makes direct use of OpenGL libraries. These libraries must thus be up-to-date, properly installed and configured before HEXPRESS/Hybrid can be started.
- Tests have only been performed on NVIDIA graphical cards.
Memory and disk space requirements
The Random Access Memory (RAM) required to run NUMECA software depends upon several factors, in particular including the number of grid points inserted in the grid, the physical models selected (turbulence, adaptation,...), the introduction of non-matching boundary conditions and the selected calculation mode (mixed or double precision).
Similarly, a minimum disk space is required on the hard disk to allow the storage of the project files. The size of these files largely depends upon the number of grid points generated.
- The use of minimum 1 GB RAM is strongly recommended. As a general guideline, about 0.5 to 0.7 GB RAM are required to run a one million nodes project. The suggested swap space should be equivalent to at least 3 times the RAM installed.
- As a general guideline, a minimum of 300 MB is required to store the project files (provided that the geometry is not defined by Parasolid or CATIA files) for a one million nodes project.
The Random Access Memory (RAM) required to run HEXPRESS/Hybrid depends upon several factors. In particular, the complexity of geometries and the settings of the CONF file. As a general guideline, the Random Access Memory (RAM) required to run HEXPRESS/Hybrid are:
- for mesh without viscous layers - between 500 MB and 700 MB RAM per million of cells
- for mesh with viscous layers - between 700 MB and 900 MB RAM per million of cells
The use of minimum 4 GB RAM is mandatory, but the installation of 8 GB is recommended. The suggested swap space should be equivalent to at least three times the RAM installed.
About 1 GB is required to store a two million nodes mesh in SPH format.
NVidia graphics cards are fully supported, installed together with the latest drivers.
NUMECA software makes use of the advantages of the available Graphics Card. Some trouble may however come up with the default driver OPENGL since it may not be supported by the user host computer and machine display. In order to set the system compatible with a more portable driver, typically MSW driver is used under Windows instead. Note however that the proposed drivers are usually less efficient in terms of graphical speed than the default driver.
Buy Premium From My Links To Get Resumable Support,Max Speed & Support Me